Chewy Brown Sugar Nuthins
May 1, 2011 § Leave a comment
Sure, just take your stress out on the butter, why don’t you. Don’t use an electric mixer. Just use that elbow grease and let it all out. There you go. Keep mixing.
So much to do; so little time. But woah. Waaaaait a second. Let’s not forget: there’s ALWAYS time for baking love. Six ingredients successfully mixed together and in the oven in six minutes? WHAT a fix. A simple, chewy, delish fix.
1/4 cup butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Butter (or canola oil) an 8 inch square baking tin.
- Cream melted butter and sugar. Add egg and stir.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and add to butter-sugar mixture.
- Add vanilla and mix well until smooth.
- Pour into your prepared tin and bake for about 20 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool and dig in!