Peanut Butter Delight
April 23, 2011 § Leave a comment
Oh, peanut butter. You’re so bad. But so good.
Here, we’ve got the sweet-crunch of a sugar cookie, and the smooth-osity of Skippy, and the crunch-melt of Reeses, all in one bite. WHAT a foodgasm.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, plus more, room temperature, for pan
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
10 regular-sized Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
1/4 cup peanut butter (you choose: creamy or crunchy?)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with buttered parchment paper, leaving a couple inches of overhang on all sides.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Add dry to wet, stirring well. Transfer batter to prepared pan and smooth top.
- Arrange Reeses Cups as you please and gently press down into pan. Between each Reeses, drop dallops of peanut butter.
- Bake until top is golden brown for about 40 minutes, or until toothpick just comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes before lifting your peanut buttery goodness (with your parchment paper overhang) onto a serving platter and cutting into bars.
adapted from Yumsugar’s original recipe.