Holiday Spice Cookies
March 29, 2011 § Leave a comment
Arena, who is married to a Nerd, has created a masterpiece. Isn’t it amazing that we can take the most basic and unsexy of ingredients (oatmeal? flour? not sexy.) and create such a seductive creation as this cookie? I think so.
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 cups rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until fully fluffed.
- Add eggs and vanilla, constantly stirring. Add flour mixture and stir. Add oats and continue to churn.
- Drop tablespoon-sized globs onto baking sheet, lightly flattening, and space about two inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350º, or until golden brown.